Monday, March 23, 2020

About me

I will transfer this to a real about page the next time I go back to the house with internet access, but for now:

I am a semi-retired academic biologist with a background in virology and immunology.  I'm not a medical professional of any kind. When the coronavirus started gaining steam, I posted a few thoughts on Facebook about the science of it, and found that there was a sudden intense interest in all things related to viruses and the immune system. So I kept posting, making my posts public.  But FB is not well-suited to organizing information,  and I've started to get a lot of friend requests from people I don't know. So on 3/22/20, I copied all my previous FB posts into this blog. I will continue to cross-post to this blog and my FB, so if you are my FB friend,  you can ignore this blog and see everything I post there. And if you were sent here by one of my FB friends (most of which are my former students) you can follow just the blog. 

Stay safe and isolate on!